Volunteer of the Month
RENT THE SENIOR CENTER
Lake Stevens Senior Center is available to rent for meetings, parties, and reunions mornings before 9 am, afternoons and evenings after 4 pm, and weekends. Basic rates are: $50 per hour for a minimum of 2 hours. $25 per hour after 4 hours. $20 per hour fee for use of commercial kitchen. $100 to $250 refundable damage deposit depending on the event. Rent deposit due 14 days before the event. A one-time-only banquet permit will be required to serve liquor at an event. To schedule or for more details call Donna at 425-335-0345.
Line Dancing Teacher
EVERYONE LOOKS GREAT IN BLUE
Make a fashion statement and show support for our senior center! It's a good time to order a garment with the Lake Stevens Senior Center logo to wear when you volunteer or at any other time. Shirts are light, or royal blue, and samples are on display at the Center. Sizes are Small to 4x, with many sizes available in Tall. Choose T-shirts for $15, crew neck sweatshirts for $25, hooded sweatshirts for $30 or hooded sweatshirts with the logo on the back and zippered front for $35. Order at the office and pay when ordering.
To promote the well-being of people over the age of 55 through physical, emotional, intellectual and economic opportunities.
Our services are intended to provide a place for participation, learning, and socializing. We continually strive to offer a variety of programs and services that will enhance the lives of our older residents.
WE WELCOME YOU!
You are encouraged to participate in any or all events. Membership is appreciated but not required for participation. Your suggestions for improving or expanding programs/activities are welcome.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nola Johnson, President
Barbara Monro, Vice President
Loren Hole, Treasurer
Maria Abbott-Buckles, Secretary
Donna Foster, Office Manager
Goldie Landis, Office Assistant
PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
- AARP Safe Driving - 2 afternoons every other month, 12:45-5:00 pm. (see calendar for specific days and/or call to register.)
- Art Class - Wednesdays, 1:00-2:30 pm
- Board Meeting - 2nd Wednesday, 9:30 am
- Bridge - Thursdays, Noon
- Bunco - 2nd Tuesday, 1:00 pm
- Caregiver Connection Support Group - Tuesdays, 1:00-2:30 pm
- Computer Class - see calendar
- Exercise - Tuesdays, 9:00 - 9:50 am
- Foot Care - Thursday, every 6 weeks, 10:30 am - 2 pm. (see calendar for specific days.)
- Needlework/Quilting - Every other Tuesday, 10:00 am
- Pinochle - Mondays, Noon-3pm
- Scrabble - 4th Tuesday, 12:30 pm
- Senior Lunch - Fridays, 11:30 am
- Yoga - Mondays, 9:15am
- Creative Writing - 2nd and 4th Wednesday 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m
Click on links below for your 2013 Membership FormsMembership Form 2013
Business Membership Form 2013
The Senior Center
Games Day Possibilities
Order Your Senior Center Hat
As requested by some of our members we are now offering Senior Center hats for $15. There is an order form on the bulletin board at the Center. When we receive enough orders from the members, we will place our order for the hats. The $15 price allows this to be a fundraiser for the Center. Hats are Royal Blue with the Senior Center logo and are Velcro adjustable.